Winter Storm Readiness
Winter is here, with weeks of cold weather still to come! Use our handy Storm Readiness Checklist below to keep safe and warm no matter what this season has in store.
Storm Prep Made Simple
You may be ready for snow, but is your home? Here are some easy steps you can take to prep for adverse weather. Be sure to add any specific steps that are unique to your space!
- Keep important items like snow tools and ice melt close to where you need them
- Make space in the garage or mud room to store wet boots and snow gear
- Prepare an emergency kit to keep in your car (see below)
- Clean gutters and downspouts, and inspect roof for any needed repairs
- Have your chimney cleaned and inspected and store firewood close to the house
- Clear debris from your property and put down mulch for extra protection over the winter
- Drain and store hoses and inspect pipes for any minor leaks before the freeze
- Store cushions in a deck box or another safe and dry place
A Seasonal Safety Kit
Safety is always in season! Whether you’re visiting family, attending a holiday performance or light show, or shopping for some last-minute gifts, be sure to download our handy Winter Car Safety Kit Checklist so you can be prepared wherever you go.
Enjoy Your Winter!
When your prep work is complete, you’re free to enjoy everything winter has to offer—cozy nights by the fireplace, steaming mugs of hot cocoa with family and friends, neighborhood light tours, and all your favorite traditions. All that’s left is to make the most of every merry moment!